Microcontrollers and Stepper Motor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Zebin
GURU

Stepper Motor - Page 2 Empty Re: Stepper Motor

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:37 pm
Miley wrote:What is the difference of stepper motor to servo motor and dc motors?

servo motor is a rotary actuator or motor that allows for a precise control in terms of angular position, acceleration and velocity, capabilities that a regular motor does not have. It makes use of a regular motor and pairs it with a sensor for position feedback. The controller is the most sophisticated part of the servo motor, as it is specifically designed for the purpose.
Zebin
GURU

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:37 pm
Zebin wrote:
Miley wrote:What is the difference of stepper motor to servo motor and dc motors?

servo motor is a rotary actuator or motor that allows for a precise control in terms of angular position, acceleration and velocity, capabilities that a regular motor does not have. It makes use of a regular motor and pairs it with a sensor for position feedback. The controller is the most sophisticated part of the servo motor, as it is specifically designed for the purpose.

A DC motor is any of a class of rotary electrical machines that converts direct current electrical energy into mechanical energy. The most common types rely on the forces produced by magnetic fields. Nearly all types of DC motors have some internal mechanism, either electromechanical or electronic, to periodically change the direction of current flow in part of the motor.
Zebin
GURU

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:40 pm
Zebin wrote:

I think dc motors have a similarities with stepper motor because both of them converts the power or electricity into a motion
Zebin
GURU

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:41 pm
Zebin wrote:
Zebin wrote:

I think dc motors have a similarities with stepper motor because both of them converts the power or electricity into a motion

oww actually i also found out that stepper motor is an example of dc motors
Zebin
GURU

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:43 pm
Zebin wrote:
Zebin wrote:
Zebin wrote:

A DC motor is any of a class of rotary electrical machines that converts direct current electrical energy into mechanical energy. The most common types rely on the forces produced by magnetic fields. Nearly all types of DC motors have some internal mechanism, either electromechanical or electronic, to periodically change the direction of current flow in part of the motor.
Zebin
GURU

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:47 pm
Zebin wrote:
Zebin wrote:
Zebin wrote:
Zebin wrote:

In addition dc motors using 2 wires to send power signals while in stepper motor in order to send signals you need to use four wires
Zebin
GURU

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:52 pm
Shennel wrote:Is it true that there are 3 types of stepper motor...

yes it true these are the Permanent magnet stepper, Hybrid synchronous stepper and Variable reluctance stepper.
Zebin
GURU

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:55 pm
Zebin wrote:

yes it true these are the    Permanent magnet stepper, Hybrid synchronous stepper and Variable reluctance stepper.

I think bipolar stepper motors are classified into hybrid synchronous stepper motor because i c drive needs and hybrid circuit
Admin
Admin
https://shellamaybaja.forumotion.com

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:04 pm
Thank you so much for waiting .. now i will answer you r question . I want to apologize because during these past few weeks i'm so busy
Admin
Admin

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:10 pm
Zebin wrote:

yes it true these are the    Permanent magnet stepper, Hybrid synchronous stepper and Variable reluctance stepper.

Stepper Motor - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbeFMTbV-wUuGFncUCTqr5UcXchjiwaJ5w70f1v8f0npZ7qmtYNA
Permanent Magnet
The rotor no longer has teeth as with the VR motor. Instead the rotor is magnetized with alternating north and south poles situated in a straight line
These magnetized rotor poles provide an increased magnetic flux intensity and because of this the PM motor exhibits improved torque characteristics when compared with the VR type.
Admin
Admin

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:12 pm
Admin wrote:
Zebin wrote:

Stepper Motor - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbeFMTbV-wUuGFncUCTqr5UcXchjiwaJ5w70f1v8f0npZ7qmtYNA
Permanent Magnet
The rotor no longer has teeth as with the VR motor. Instead the rotor is magnetized with alternating north and south poles situated in a straight line
These magnetized rotor poles provide an increased magnetic flux intensity and because of this the PM motor exhibits improved torque characteristics when compared with the VR type.

Stepper Motor - Page 2 2Q==

This type of motor consists of a soft iron multi-toothed rotor and a wound stator. When the stator windings are energized with DC current the poles become magnetized. Rotation occurs when the rotor teeth are attracted to the energized stator poles.
Admin
Admin

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:24 pm
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Zebin wrote:

Permanent Magnet

Stepper Motor - Page 2 2Q==

This type of motor consists of a soft iron multi-toothed rotor and a wound stator. When the stator windings are energized with DC current the poles become magnetized. Rotation occurs when the rotor teeth are attracted to the energized stator poles.

Stepper Motor - Page 2 9k=

Hybrid stepper motor

The hybrid stepper motor combines the best features of both the PM and VR type stepper motors.
Admin
Admin

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:27 pm
Shennel wrote:
Shennel wrote:admin can you please help me?
stepper motors is really hard to manipulate i dont know how will I use it thanks

Since its hard for you to drive bipolar motor we will deal with unipolar motor
Admin
Admin

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:31 pm
In order to drive the unipolar stepper motor we must need to know the steps .. Each steps have a different movements. You need to energize the coils in order to drive it and the steps are Full Step Mode, Alternately Full Step Mode and Half Step
Admin
Admin

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:38 pm
Admin wrote:In order to drive the unipolar stepper motor we must need to know the steps .. Each steps have a different movements. You need to energize the coils in order to drive it and the steps are Full Step Mode, Alternately Full Step Mode and Half Step
Stepper Motor - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeTz9m3YrfkLF-9MGwVj5OeVoBQRmwx4fw31JBL-9b-W9Wu-zcYw

Thhe unipolar stepper motor has a 4 phases the North ole is called 2b, the west pole is 1a, the south pole is 1b and the the east pole is 2a
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum