Microcontrollers and Stepper Motor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Morris
GURU

Introduction to Microcontrollers - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduction to Microcontrollers

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:02 pm
What are the programming languages that use in microcontrollers?
Morris
GURU

Introduction to Microcontrollers - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduction to Microcontrollers

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:05 pm
Is there any microcontrollers that uses an assembly language??
Morris
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:07 pm
Morris wrote:Is there any microcontrollers that uses an assembly language??
If there is  how people use that because as far as i know assembly language is really hard to understand.
Morris
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:11 pm
Is it true that some of the pins in microcontrollers can be an input or output??
Morris
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:14 pm
Katty wrote:
Katty wrote:
Passerby wrote:What is the the maximum capacitance of the microcontroller?

What do you mean by the maximum capacitance? Is it the memory capacitance?

For example, we are talking about the 8051 Microcontroller, the internal RAM of the 8051 is 128 bytes; it can have external memory upto 64K in size. Thus, total Data Memory available on 8051 Microcontroller is 64K + 128 bytes in size.

What is the meaning of RAM?
Morris
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:15 pm
Morris wrote:
Katty wrote:
Katty wrote:

For example, we are talking about the 8051 Microcontroller, the internal RAM of the 8051 is 128 bytes; it can have external memory upto 64K in size. Thus, total Data Memory available on 8051 Microcontroller is 64K + 128 bytes in size.

How can i differentiate it in ROM?
Morris
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:17 pm
What is the importance of ADC in microcontrollers
Morris
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:19 pm
Morris wrote:What is the importance of ADC in microcontrollers
what is the difference of it in DAC ?? Are they not the same??
Gemini
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:56 pm
Morris wrote:
Katty wrote:
Passerby wrote:
Passerby wrote:What are the different types of memory?

Are there even different types of memory? If so, what are they?

I think the different types of microcontroller are ROM, EPROM and EEPROM. But I could also be wrong.

What is the difference between ROM, EPROM and EEPROM??

ROM means Read only memory you can store data here even the power supply is off it is similar to flashdrives because it is nonvolatile
Gemini
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:00 pm
EPROM means Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory it is a type of ROM that erasable or can be use. You can erase data by means of ultraviolet light

Last edited by Gemini on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:03 pm
Morris wrote:
Katty wrote:
Passerby wrote:

I think the different types of microcontroller are ROM, EPROM and EEPROM. But I could also be wrong.

ROM means read only memory you can store data here even the power supply is of . It is like flashdrive because it is nonvolatile type of memory
Gemini
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:07 pm
Gemini wrote:
Morris wrote:
Katty wrote:
Passerby wrote:

ROM means read only memory you can store data here even the power supply is of . It is like flashdrive because it is nonvolatile type of memory
EEPROM means Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory it is a memory where in you can delete data using electric charges
Gemini
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:08 pm
Morris wrote:
Katty wrote:
Katty wrote:

RAM means Random access Memory you can only access it if the power supply is on because it is a volatile memory
Gemini
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:12 pm
Morris wrote:
Morris wrote:
Katty wrote:
Katty wrote:

How can i differentiate it in ROM?
The difference between RAM and ROM is that, When you store data in RAM if the power supply is off you cannot access it while in ROM you can still save it
Gemini
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:13 pm
Morris wrote:Is it true that some of the pins in microcontrollers can be an input or output??

Yes it is true there are serial ports in microcontrollers that can be an input or output and it is called bidirectional
Gemini
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Yes there is The Microcontroller 8051 uses assembly language in order to run it.
Gemini
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:19 pm
Morris wrote:
If there is  how people use that because as far as i know assembly language is really hard to understand.

You can use the ATMEL 8051 emulator software in running this kind of microcontroller. Yes assembly languages is hard to understand but these languages can be understand if you will use the mnemonics, and with that you can easily convert it to its appropriate code
Gemini
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:23 pm
Morris wrote:What are the programming languages that use in microcontrollers?

Base on the microcontrollers that I've encountered 8051 using a assembly language and arduino using a C language .. I don't know what languages in other micrcontrollers.
coleen
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:37 pm
Morris wrote:Who is the inventor of microcontrollers?

The inventors who made the microcontroller are Gary Boone and Michael Cochran
coleen
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:38 pm
What is assembly Language??
coleen
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:39 pm
Gemini wrote:
Morris wrote:Is it true that some of the pins in microcontrollers can be an input or output??

Yes it is true there are serial ports in microcontrollers that can be an input or output and it is called bidirectional

wow its cool these is very helpful because you can really maximize the pins in microcontrollers
coleen
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:42 pm
Gemini wrote:

Base on the microcontrollers that I've encountered 8051 using a assembly language and arduino using a C language .. I don't know what languages in other micrcontrollers.

Arduino is the company that create many version of microcontrollers right? It is amazing because you can run it easily because they're already made a software that compatible for it.
coleen
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:44 pm
coleen wrote:
Gemini wrote:

Arduino is the company that create many version of microcontrollers right? It is amazing because you can run it easily because they're already made a software that compatible for it.

I also heard that with the use of bluetooth you can also program the microcontrollers
coleen
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:47 pm

The importance of it is analog data must need to convert in digital because as far as i know the language that understand by microcontrollers is only the binary digits.
coleen
GURU

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:49 pm
coleen wrote:

The importance of it is analog data must need to convert in digital because as far as i know the language that understand by microcontrollers is only the binary digits.

If you will ask what are the binary digits these are 1 and 0 and it has a differents meaning depends on how they program it
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum